FFUN Group is currently looking for a Service Manager to join our automotive team. The Service Manager will ensure the smooth operations and financial performance of the Service Department. The Service Manager is an experienced customer service specialist, serving internal and external customers with a drive to achieve results. The Service Manager has the ability to manage stressful situations and communicate effectively and will be responsible to manage a team of advisors and technicians, provide training, support and guidance.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the service department in line with FFUN Group’s core values in order to achieve or exceed targeted performance.
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key FFUN goals, performance metrics, operating guidelines, processes, policies, and standards.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with General Manager.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives for service department.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all service personnel and technicians.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Service Manager is measured by achieving and exceeding:
- Targeted sales and gross profit
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
- Targeted employee retention
What are the minimum requirements for this job?
- Automotive service management experience.
- Experience as a professional mechanic (considered an asset).
- Enthusiastic and eager to consistently set and achieve growth oriented targets and goals.
- Strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors.
- Proven leadership ability to attract, develop, and retain great talent and build a team environment.
- A passion for leading and managing change for purposes of continuous improvement.
- Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to drive revenue and profitability whilst managing expenses.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Experience and desire to effectively work with and leverage technology.
- Valid driver’s license; must have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Work references required.
The FFUN Group is an automotive and recreational retailer with nearly 30 locations throughout Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we’re fueled by amazing people, and represent some of your favourite brands of automotive and recreational vehicles. However, it’s our corporate culture that really sets us apart. It’s more than just celebration lunches and beanbag chairs, it’s defined by our core values: Driven to Grow, Team Player, FFUN Attitude and Down to Earth.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.