Job Title: Controller
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Location: CreditMaxx
Job Summary: The Controller is a senior-level accountant who oversees dealership accounting teams and the preparation of financial reports.
- Oversee the operations of the CreditMaxx accounting department, achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Manage securitization administration, monitoring of securitization tranches and monitoring of securitization covenants and criteria.
- Maintain a pre and post close timetable of activities for month and year end closes. The schedule of activities and timelines must fall within corporate timelines for reporting of results.
- Report, discuss, and provide analysis of financial results with the CFO, VP CreditMaxx and Ownership during monthly financial reviews.
- Identify areas of concern and areas for improvement within the business unit and provide solution-oriented plans of action for addressing them.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and direction to accounting staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results and Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Lead the annual business planning process for the Business Unit and adhere to all timelines, formats and reports as directed.
- Identify and put into place both preventative and detective internal controls and monitor regularly, identifying concerns and issues as they arise.
- Ensure by detailed review and sign-off, that all monthly bank account reconciliations are competed on a timely basis and that any reconciling items are cleared by the following month.
- Ensure the safeguarding of company assets including but not limited to cash, inventories and capital assets.
- Provide regular updates on results of projects and tasks to the CFO.
- Produce reports as requested by the CFO, VP of CreditMaxx and Ownership.
- Ability to maintain organization, multi-task, and manage projects in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and growth-focused organization
- Detail oriented and committed to improvement
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and diplomacy
- Responsibility, resilience, and change-ready
- Ability to establish a harmonious working relationship with all contact personnel within the group
- Demonstrate comprehensive skills and financial knowledge of the automotive industry
- Have excellent team building skills and form close working relationships with all team members, manufacturers, internal and external customers
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with a focus in excel
- 3 plus years of progressive Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller experience would be preferred
- Experience in leading and coaching a professional team to exceed expectations
- Experience with accounting software; Reynolds and Reynolds, Great Plains, or CDK Global Dealership Management experience is an asset
- CPA, CGA, CMA accounting designation considered an asset but experience will be weighed heavily for this position
Compensation & Benefits:
- Endless opportunity for career growth
- FFUN and encouraging working environment
- Competitive wages and endless bonus potential
- Employee discounts on vehicle service, repairs, and parts
- Health, Dental, and Insurance Benefits
The FFUN Group is an automotive and recreational retailer with nearly 30 locations throughout Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we’re fueled by amazing people, and represent some of your favourite brands of automotive and recreational vehicles. However, it’s our corporate culture that really sets us apart. It’s more than just celebration lunches and beanbag chairs, it’s defined by our core values: Driven to Grow, Team Player, FFUN Attitude and Down to Earth. FFUN Group is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the drive, we have the opportunity! Apply to work with the FFUN Team today!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online to www.ffun.com/careers.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.