Job Title: Assistant Controller
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Summary: The Assistant Controller is a senior-level accountant who assists the Controller with overseeing dealership accounting teams and the preparation of financial reports.
- Ensure all key balance sheet accounts are updated and reconciled on a monthly basis. These accounts include but are not limited to clearing, prepaid, fixed assets and inter-company
- Ensure month-end and year-end deadlines are adhered to
- Prepare monthly GST, PST and Tire tax filings
- Assist the Controller with developing and documenting processes and accounting policies to maintain and improve the accounting system internal controls
- Prepare working paper files for external accountants
- Produce financial statements and reports for management meetings
- Oversee the timely processing of accounts payable and receivable
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Provide guidance, direction and feedback to accounting personnel
- Assistance with ad hoc projects
- Ability to maintain organization, multi-task, and manage projects in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and growth-focused organization
- Detail oriented and committed to improvement
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and diplomacy
- Responsibility, resilience, and change-ready
- Ability to establish a harmonious working relationship with all contact personnel within the group
- Accounting diploma or degree, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of office accounting systems and experience with computer systems
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with a focus in excel
- Automotive Dealership Industry experience is considered an asset
- Experience with PBS dealer management systems considered an asset
- Experience with accounting software; Reynolds and Reynolds, Great Plains, or CDK Global Dealership Management experience is an asset
Compensation & Benefits:
- Endless opportunity for career growth
- FFUN and encouraging working environment
- Competitive wages and endless bonus potential
- Employee discounts on vehicle service, repairs, and parts
- Health, Dental, and Insurance Benefits
The FFUN Group is an automotive and recreational retailer with nearly 30 locations throughout Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we’re fueled by amazing people, and represent some of your favourite brands of automotive and recreational vehicles. However, it’s our corporate culture that really sets us apart. It’s more than just celebration lunches and beanbag chairs, it’s defined by our core values: Driven to Grow, Team Player, FFUN Attitude and Down to Earth. FFUN Group is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the drive, we have the opportunity! Apply to work with the FFUN Team today!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online to www.ffun.com/careers.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.